U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command Mobile Equipment Servicer NA-05 in McAlester, Oklahoma
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is LOCAL which means that you are either affiliated with McAlester Army Ammunition Plant or live within 50 miles from McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. NOTE: Affiliation means that you are either:currently employed on this installation, a spouse of an active duty soldier assigned to this installation, or an involuntarily separated military member. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located in the Morale Welfare and Recreation Division at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, located in McAlester, OK.
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
McAlester's MWR mission is to provide soldiers, DOD civilians, retirees, and their families with quality, social, and recreational activities while in both duty and non-duty status. We strive to make all of our facilities state of the art and provide outstanding customer service. Check us out at http://www.mcaapmwr.com/
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is located within the Morale Welfare and Recreation Division at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant (MCAAP). MCAAP was originally commissioned as the Naval Ammunition Depot McAlester on May 20, 1943 and began its first production in September 1943. In October 1977, the naval facility was transferred to the Army under the Single Manager for Conventional Ammunition act. Our operating hours are from 6:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. We are closed on federal holidays. The mission of MCAAP is to produce and renovate quality conventional missile ammunition and ammunition-related components, perform engineering and product assurance in support of production, and receive, store, ship, demilitarize and dispose of conventional and missile ammunition and related items. Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/MCAAP
Learn more about this agency
- Conducts oil changes in vehicles of all makes and models. Drains and changes lubricants in crank cases, differentials and transmissions.
- Changes oil and air filters. Checks vehicle fluid levels.
- Ensures proper storage of oils and lubricants. Maintains records of oil and lubricant usage.
- Uses common hand, air and electrical tools and equipment, operating lifts, hoists, battery cell testers/hydrometers, automatic car wash and high pressure cleaning equipment.
- #### Job family (Series)
5806 Mobile Equipment Servicing
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NACI background investigation
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3
Work experience directly related to the duties described above to include the skill and knowledge required.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf A flexible position (FLEX/INTERMITTENT) has no guaranteed amount of hours, no entitlements to health, life or retirement benefits, and no entitlement to annual or sick leave. Work schedule will be irregular (0-40 hours per week as needed.)
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DA Form 3434, PCS Orders for Military Spouses and Marriage License, BBA Letter, Transition Assistance Card for Involuntarily Separated Military
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (10185869)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than* 3:00 PM CST* on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process, please contact our office at (903) 334-1398.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Red River Army Depot NAF HR Office
DX-NAF-W390AA MCALESTER ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT DO NOT MAIL Texarkana, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496428800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/10/2018 to 04/24/2018
Salary: $10.99 to $12.82 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 5
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Permanent